This project is based on a study about the Internet adoption around the world and how the price, speed and country's development affects this data.
The python modules used for analyze, manipulae and visualize the data, are the following:
and can be installed by running the command
pip install <module_name>
datasets/ folder contains the following files.
['GDP2021.csv', 'HDR2020.csv', 'worldwide internet prices in 2022 - IN 2022.csv', 'worldwide internet speed in 2022 - avg speed.csv', 'worldwide internet users - users.csv']
Datasets used for this projects:
worldwide internet prices in 2022 - IN 2022.csv: Contains informations about the price, plans available, and the price of most expensive and cheapest 1 GB for every country
worldwide internet speed in 2022 - avg speed.csv: Contains the average speed in Mbit per second for every country
worldwide internet users - users.csv: Contains the number of internet users and the total population for every country
GDP2021.csv: Contains the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) per capita for every country. This index measures a country's economic output per person and is calculated by dividing the GDP of a country by its population.
HDR2020.csv: Contains the HDI (Human Development Index) for every country. This index is a summary measure of average achievement in key dimensions of human development.
- Worldwide internet data in 2022: kaggle.com
- HDI (Human Development Index) 2019: hdr.undp.org
- GDP per capita (in USD): data.worldbank.org
The datasets just presented contain a lot of data, however, we will not need all of them and some of them are not consistent, so we have to face a data cleaning process, removing the columns that we do not need and managing null or non-consistent values.
- Question 1: Is there a greater adoption of Internet in more developed countries?
- Question 2: Queston 2: Is there a relationship between the average price of navigation and the speed of it?
- Question 3: How does the high competition and variety of plans affect the price and number of users?
- Question 4: Is a country's low social and economic development the cause of slower internet speeds?
- Question 5: Which are the countries with the best ratio between Internet cost and speed? What level of development do they have? Does this convenience involve more users?